These studies are a work in progress, so comments and criticism are appreciated. Enjoy.
Study 8: The Great Controversy
1. The Great Controversy started with the r_________ of Satan against God (Isa. 14:12-14, Eze. 28:12-18, and Rev. 12:3,4).
2. The result was a spiritual w___ that encompasses heaven and earth (Rev. 12:7-9, Eph. 6:12).
3. S_________ is the result of this conflict (Gen 4:1-8).
4. Battles in this war are over whether our relationship God is based on l____ or f____ (Job 1:6-12).
5. At the c_____, Jesus proved that God’s character is good and defeated Satan (John 12:23-33).
6. To win the conflict God seeks to bring peace by r___________ us to Himself and each other (Eph. 2:12-22).
7. God takes responsibility for evil by using His p_____ to intervene when things get too bad (Gen. 6:5-8).
8. God will intervene again to end the war, but not before everyone has a chance to be r_______ (2 Peter 2:4-10 and 3:3-9).
9. Do you see God as the author of the story of your life or a character in it?
1. Rebellion. 2. War. 3. Suffering. 4. Love, Fear. 5. Cross
.6. Reconciling. 7. Power. 8. Rescued.