Monday, August 29, 2005

Top Five Combos For A Rainy Day

Today is a overcast, rainy, cold day in Northwestern Alberta. The farmers really didn't need this right now, and neither did I. There is something about rainy days that takes away any motivation I might have otherwise had and makes me want to lay around the house avoiding any physical activity. Thus I submit for your consideration my favorite synergistic combinations of lazy activities (an oxymoron?) for a dark, damp, depressing day.

Top Five Combos For A Rainy Day:
  1. Reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien while listening the The Planets by Gustav Holst.
  2. Watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail while eating frozen pizza (after it's been baked in the oven) doctored with garlic powder, basil, oregano, and fresh mushrooms and onions.
  3. Reading the Bible commentary Revelation of Jesus Christ by Ranko Stefanovic while listening to A Bach Festival by the Empire Brass.
  4. Cuddling with my wife in bed while delaying our eventual departure from its warmth and comfort.
  5. Blogging in one Firefox tab while checking the conversations on HeavenlySanctuary.com in the other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave! Thanks for visiting my space! I also want to thank you for correcting me on C.S. Lewis. His stories are a fond memory of my childhood. Have a good day! -Jolene

    ReplyDelete