Thursday, February 23, 2006

Diligently Resting

So tired...can't think...must write post.

Is there a time in the Bible where the temple suffered from over use? Because that's how my body-temple feels right now.
I believe that the church that claims to have the best theology of the Sabbath ought to have be best rested clergy.
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall.... (Hebrews 4:9-11a, emphasis mine)
And with that, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love lay activities! I run a youth program every Friday night, teach Sabbath School, and doing a discipleship series to the youth on Sabbath afternoons. So I love my naps... I definitely like entering in His rest.

    Nice blog... Post with you later.

    ReplyDelete