- How do you know if your life is successful?
- How do you get objective feedback?
- How do you know which goals to set for yourself?
- How do you measure success?
- Where does God fit into the picture?
Sunday, March 19, 2006
I have a moderately-high need for achievement, and this was relatively easy to fulfill in college (study hard, get an A) But I'm finding that pastoral ministry is a profession with few benchmarks to measure ones success, and I've observed that focusing on those benchmarks is usually self-defeating (e.g. chasing baptisms at the expense of discipleship). On this topic I have more questions than answers.