Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...And We're Back

Tonight I'm starting a new chapter of apokalupto. As you can see, it's been almost two years since I signed off, and a lot's happened during that time. So instead of writing two lengthy paragraphs to fill you in on those happenings, I'll just make a brief two point list with three sentences per item.
  1. Just Pastors is no more. Pastors easily get distracted too busy, and so our blog went the way of all things under the sun. If you're looking for pastoral tips and tools, check out Georgia Grown.
  2. I am now a student at the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University. That's right; I'm now in the backyard of my home and native land, Minnesota. But Michigan's almost as nice.
Now why would I want to restart my blog in the midst of my seminary education; don't they give me enough papers to write? Well, I'll have you know that my workload is now less than when I was a pastor. But apart from that, here's a list summarizing my reasons for reviving apokalupto.
  1. I keep coming across things (news items, ideas, media, etc.) that I really, really want to blog about. I know it's selfish, but aren't all great writers narcissists?
  2. I would like to give theology undergrads and pastoral interns an sense of what to expect from their seminary experience. This is especially for Adventist pastors in North American, the majority of whom have or will study at Andrews University. I know that this has been done before, but someone has to take up the mantle.
So there you have my two part vision for apokalupto: (1) the same old eclectic content with (2) a new focus on seminary life. Hope you like it. Stay tuned.

And don't forget to comment.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember those great days of the Just Pastors crew. . .

    Looking forward to your dispatches from the epicenter of Adventist theological ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back! I look forward to seeing your feed come alive, once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you will enjoy your seminary years, and have many opportunities to celebrate your faith:

    http://adventistsnotcult.blogspot.com/2008/01/cadillac-jack-movies-and-fiction.html

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the props, folks.

    And it's good to see that Roger doesn't mind a little "celebration" when it comes to faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your blog is back. I had only just discovered it before when you discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!

    I look forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete