- When I'm proud of America's ideals.
- When I love America enough to say when it's gone wrong.
- When I cheer on the Men's National Team.
- When I remember that America's not the only country with good ideas.
- When I support the troops.
- When I travel to all 50 states to know how my country looks, smells, feels, and talks.
- When I travel abroad and tell people "I live in Canada, but I'm an American."
- When I realize that as a citizen of The World, I have global responsibility for how I use my vote.
- When I understand that as a citizen of Heaven, I must use my vote and influence to keep the institutions of church and state separate.
- When I support an man for president who doesn't always wear Old Glory on his lapel.
- When U.S. consular officials send me to the front of a very long line, because, well, just because I'm an American.
Friday, July 04, 2008
I'm A Patriot
I'm a patriot...